The Housing Element of the General Plan is a State-mandated policy document that identifies Camarillo’s existing and future housing needs and establishes clear goals to inform future housing decisions. The City of Camarillo is updating its Housing Element for the upcoming 2021-2029 planning period and will be holding its first public workshop to introduce the process, and to provide an opportunity for the public to learn about the Housing Element Update and to have discussions regarding a preliminary inventory of existing residential sites that may have potential for residential land use.
Please join us via Zoom for the First Camarillo Housing Element Update Public Workshop on Thursday, August 27th at 6:00 p.m. Public workshop materials (e.g., presentation with pre-recorded audio, maps, handouts) will be posted on the Housing Element Update web page at https://camarillohousingelement.com/#documents and will be available at Camarillo City Hall 10 days in advance of the public workshop.
You are invited to participate in the public workshop via the following options:
- Live broadcast on the Local Government Channels – Spectrum Channel 10 and Frontier Channel 29,
- City’s YouTube channel at youtube.com/user/thecityofcamarillo/live from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Live webinar at zoom.us (requires free/no charge installation of Zoom client software prior to meeting time). Webinar ID: 854 7586 9683 and Passcode: 739512.
You may submit comments, provide input, and questions via the following options:
- Email – You may submit written comments and ask questions via email to Community Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your email by 2:00 p.m. on August 27th.
- Phone – You may provide verbal comments and ask questions via phone. Please contact Community Development Department at (805) 388-5360 or at email@example.com by 2:00 p.m. on August 27th to provide your name and phone number. When it is time to receive comments, following the staff and consultant presentation, you will receive a call at the phone number you provided.
- Webinar – When it is time to receive comments, following the staff and consultant presentation, you may type written comments and questions via Zoom “Q & A” feature. You may also provide verbal comments and ask questions via “Raise Hand” feature, which will allow the meeting administrator to activate the microphone on your device (i.e., computer, tablet, or smartphone).